Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Mr. Kalam next President ?

I think Mr. Kalam should not be made the president for the second time. Although, he would be a very good choice for the second term but this will be a shame for us. As this will mean we don't have an alternative presidential role candidate who is as good as Mr. Kalam from the whole political or apolitical fraternity.

Mr. Kalam has completed his tenure quite successfully. But has he really made any significant difference for India's bright future? I think he has played very safe during his tenure by keeping himself out of any kind of controversy. But, as a whole if I have to give him marks for his performance as Persident I would give 6 out of 10.

My perference for Presidential candidate would somebody from the Political fraternity itself. I believe Persident's role is not a mere portfolio. President has to participate in national and international politics concerning to India's interest. He who would be the next president should have a great vision to see India a developed nation in near future.

Anyways let's see who makes it to the top post. My choice would be Somnath Chatterjee.

No comments: