Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Going to home

Going to home after a year, is something always very exciting. Last year we just planed and planned but nothing materialized. I hope this time it would be as per the plan and schedule. My wife is staying away from her parents for such a long time for the first time. So she must more excited than me. This time again I will attend the “Jamai Sosthi” at her house. This will my second time. Last year was my first time and I enjoyed the ceremony a lot. I hope I am not still old for them :) .... after all its only the second time.
Last year we had participated in a TV game named “Rojgera Ginni”. That game show actually is about husband-wife. My wife contacted with them and they had actually arranged the same in a quite a short notice. I must say she has quite a quality to do something if she decided and convinced.
After getting my job in Infosys when first time I returned home during Puja, I think that was the best “Returning Home” experience of mine. We were four people Me, Bap, Hilu and Avik. And I remember we had a great train journey. That time such was the excitement that the two and half a days of journey was not at all a boring one. I remember, as soon as I reached home I just had some food and went out of home with friends to visit Puja Mandaps. It was just like I returned home from my college and go out with my friends to have fun. But now all my friends at Berhampore are scattered everywhere for their job purpose and I know I won't able to find all of them whenever I will go to my birth place. Hence it is true that for me, the returning home thing is not any more that more attractive.
Now returning home means to me nostalgia of my house at Berhampore. And ofcourse the foods from my ma's kitchen. Also I would visit my neighbors. My ma gets very happy if give sometime to her to visit her neighbors. And to me it's a duty also because it's her neighbors only who used to take care of my parents when I have to leave in a place which is quite a distant from them.

No comments: